Welcome to Wonderland GardenFantasy!
March to October 2023
Mon to Sat: 9 am to 6 pm
Sun & public holidays: 10 am to 5 pm
2nd November 2023 - 7th January 2024
Mon to Sun & public holidays: 11:30 am to 7 pm
Tucked in between vineyards – harmoniously embedded in the gentle hills of Schiltern near Langenlois – lies one of Austria’s most beautiful garden attractions, created for garden lovers with artisan pride and passion by Reinhard Kittenberger, his family and his team. The imaginatively designed show gardens inspire days out in the country and awaken garden joy.
The Kittenberger discovery & adventure gardens currently include 40 equally imaginative, lovingly designed themes as well as a large, bright restaurant and a well-stocked shop offering a wide range of plants and garden accessories. The next generation is well planned for – our gardens are expanded every year with something new!
Herbs spiral up a hill to appear on two paths that never meet. Figures and sculptures surprise at every turn; alpacas, ponies and goats greet in passing; benches and loungers fitted with cushions invite visitors to linger and contemplate. Reinhard Kittenberger and his team are ever present, subtly and skillfully implementing fresh ideas for the wellbeing of plants, animals and visitors.
Come and start your journey through the gardens.
Kittenbergers Advent Magic in the garden
11th November until 7th January | opened daily* | 11:30 bis 19 Uhr
* closed on: 24th, 25th, 31st December 2023 and 1st January 2024
In contrast to a traditional Advent market, the gardens decorated for Christmas are at the centre of the Advent magic in the garden. There are no huts (with craftsmanship or art) lined up.
This awaits you everyday:
- 50 gardens full of creative Christmas decorations and magical experiences
- Christmas puzzle rallye for the while family (only available in German)
- Atmospheric Advent windows: "Best of 20 years of Kittenberger's Advent magic"
- Crystal magic ice-garden
- Rainbow Christmas tree
- Time travel with advent wreaths
- Christmas and winter action in the Ritter-Rost-garden with reindeer parcour and more
- Family fun in the big adventure garden for kids with wooden ball track
- Christmas trail - the most beautiful thing in the garden to discover for yourself
- Deposit your wish in our wish heaven
- Life-size nativity scene with handmade figures
- Staged photo points by day & dusk - take unique souvenir photos!
- Giant floating Advent wreath
- Giant mistletoe at the Busserlplatzl
- Live floristry in the garden centre
PHOTO POINTS FOR UNIQUE MEMORIES:
- The Christmas portal (ticket office, garden no. 1)
- The golden tunnel of lights (between garden no. 4 & 5)
- The golden grabapple trees (garden no. 11)
- Christmas in America (garden no. 12)
- Kittenberger advent window with Christmas carriage (garden no. 18 B)
- "Be our Kittenberger Christmas angel" (garden no. 22)
- The little window in advent (garden no. 23)
- A kiss for Christmas – giant mistletoe at the "Busserlplatzl" (garden no. 41)
- Illumina of Christmas – lights shows with water and music*
- Radiant sea of lights – powered by EVN
*With kind support of TSS Veranstaltungstechnik.
25th November until 23rd December, daily 4 pm:
Concert „Advent magic in the garden“ with Reinhard Kittenberger, Rudi Murth, musical-star Julia Preglau and acrobatics-show by Duo Aquarius
6th December, 3 pm:
St. Nicholas visits the adventure gardens.
Start of the Raunächte – interesting facts about these mystical nights with herbal expert Andrea
23rd December, 4 pm:
The Christ child visits the adventure garden.
26th December until 7th January:
Big Christmas SALE in the garden centre: -30 % discount on labelled goods
26th December until 7th January:
Winter fun during the Christmas holidays - face painting, Punch and Judy, drumming workshop, and much more.
S'Joah mocht laungsom zua (The year is slowly faiding) - Together we say goodbye to the old year at the so-called "farmer's New Year's Eve".
5th January, 4 pm:
Voice & Piano – Experience a soulful concert by the jazzy duo.
6th January, 4 pm:
Borderland Dixieband – Traditional New Orleans Jazz & Swing
CULINARY DELIGHTS DURING THE ADVENT MAGIC
Whether you're exploring the beautifully decorated gardens or playing in the adventure garden, there's plenty to savour during your visit. The culinary stations offer delicious specialities such as fire pies, pancakes, punch and mulled wine as well as gingerbread, biscuits and treats - all homemade.
Garden restaurant Glas.Haus:
Freshly prepared dishes, changing daily specials, pastries, pancake bar, coffee and punch
"Feuerflecken", goulash soup, sweets, punch and mulled wine
Jacket potato, hot dog, roll with Fleischlaberl, coffee & cake, sweets, punch and mulled wine
ADVENT MAGIC FOR YOUR HOME - GARDEN CENTRE
The garden centre is particularly atmospheric and sparkling from the beginning of November, where beautiful and festive Christmas decorations in a wide range of colours and styles are waiting to brighten up your home.
You will also find lanterns, fire bowls and wickerwork for the garden as well as napkins, candles, soaps, regional delicacies and toys.
Plants are also a must-have decoration at Christmastime. At the live floristry, our florists produce Christmas arrangements and Advent wreaths with exceptional creativity. In addition to ready-made arrangements, you can also have Advent wreaths and flower arrangements customised according to your own wishes. The brushwood used is exclusively local and is cut according to the phases of the moon.
Tip: During the Advent magic you get -20 % on all plants in the garden centre nursery!
Programme subject to change and errors excepted.